The Manuscript Leonardt EF Principal nib is closely based on the Principality No.1 vintage nib, which is now very rare. The Leonardt Principal nib produces excellent shades and crisp hairlines. This is the perfect nib for Spencerian and Copperplate writing.
Copperplate, or English round hand, is a style of calligraphic writing which uses a sharp pointed nib instead of the flat nib used in most calligraphic writing.
This style of calligraphy is different from that produced by angled nibs in that the thickness of the stroke is determined by the pressure applied when writing, instead of nib angle in relation to the writing surface. All copperplate forms (minuscules, majuscules, numbers, and punctuation) are written at a letter slant of 55 from the horizontal.
Manuscript dip pens allow you to create beautiful writing and decorative designs, working in a wide range of media in addition to bottled ink. For example, chinese stick ink, water colours, gouache and acrylics, which would clog up a fountain pen.
- Extra Fine flexible Nib; Bronze Finished
- Produces excellent shades & Crisp Hairlines
- Ideal for both Spencerian and Copperplate writing
- Closely based on the Principality No. 1 vintage nib
- For use with Bottled Ink, chinese stick ink, water colours, gouache and acrylics